The Pathfinder Rebreather - A Compact CCR System
|1||Split shoulder lung system designed for water trapping and water expulsion and low resistive effort for hydrostatic lung loading|
|2||ISC Exclusive dual partitioned breathing loop protects the diver from caustic cocktails.|
|3||eCCR configuration with IScan electronics, HUD, and handset. Other optional electronics available|
|4||Expedient electronic field repairs. Diver can replace all electronic components themselves|
|5||Single oxygen supply cylinder with first stage assembly|
|6||Radial CO2 scrubber canister available in both Standard and CE|
|7||ISC Tetradon III BCD with optional vest, or plate and harness system options available
|8||Mil spec build quality under ISO quality assurance program|
|9||The Pathfinder Rebreather system is compatible with Megalodon CCR breathing loop|
|10||Two-cylinder capability utilizing ISC Shadow Mount system.|
|11||System supports cylinder sizes up to 19cuft/3L|
Pathfinder Rebreather feature details & options:
The Shadow mount (Part# SM-Shadow Gear full set ASSY) is an extremely low profile cylinder mounting and accessories fixture that allows cylinders to “hug” the primary breathing system. It also allows for cylinders or accessories to be quickly and repeatability remounted in its desired configuration. The Pathfinder CCR shadow mounts will only use compression clamps.
- Used by U.S. military.
- Marine grade aluminum and Mil-Spec hard coat anodized. The Pin is marine grade stainless steel.
- Mounts to cylinders, pony bottles, can lights or other accessories to main breathing system.
- Made in the USA.
5.12 lb Radial Scrubber
Pathfinder Radial CO2 scrubber canister | Part #: RS-Radial scrubber PF-ASSY | Price: $950.00 USD
The Pathfinder Radial CO2 scrubber canister is designed specifically for the Pathfinder CCR and will not fit other ISC CCR systems. The Pathfinder radial has very low work of breathing and uses industry standard Sofnolime 8-12 (797) mesh. Machined to tight tolerances from Copolymer acetyl and U.S.A made stainless steel. The radial also has compression system to prevent channeling.
- Gas Mix: 16/45 TMX (PO2 1.0) (END 80fsw/24msw), Depth: 200fsw/60msw, Water temp: 73°F/23°C, 40 RMV/20bpm/2L TV. CO2 production: 1.35lpm. This is the equivalent to a U.S. Combat Diver swimming above .85 knots. Time-218 minutes. U.S. Navy test methods TM 01-94.
- Gas mix: 16/45 TMX (PO2 1.0) (END 80fsw/24msw), Depth: 200fsw/60msw, Water Temp 39°F/4°C, 40 RMV/20bpm/2L TV. CO2 production: 1.6lpm. Moderately extreme level of swimming exertion. Time 114 min. CE standard.
- Gas mix: Air, Depth: 132fsw/40msw, Water Temp 39°F/4°C, 40 RMV/20bpm/2L TV. CO2 production: 1.6lpm. Moderately extreme level of swimming exertion. Time 134 min. CE standard.
- Gas mix: Air, Depth: 132fsw/40msw variable depths, Water Temp 50°F/10°C, CO2 production: Variable. Kick and glide recreational level of swimming exertion. Time 5 hours. The example of this type of diving would be diving in Scapa Flow Scotland doing two 75 min decompression dives a day for two days and then throw the granular material away.
Work Of Breathing (WOB) CE standard testing.
- Depth: 200fsw/60msw, Gas mix:(16/45 TMX)-WOB .88 Joule.
- Depth: 132fsw/40msw, Gas mix: Air-WOB .94 Joule.
- Use Sofnolime 797 only.
- Pack the scrubber as tight as possible.
- When in doubt of scrubber performance, discard and refill with fresh approved absorbent.
- Label used absorbent with time and date if the intent to use it again. Insure you have enough time on the scrubber that will be appropriate for the next series of dives.
- Seal used absorbent in a bag or inside Pathfinder and seal with head and dust caps.
The HUD is an independent non-voting truncated based peripheral vision system status indicator that uses a simple blinking and color code to indicate normal operation status and alarm conditions in regard to PO2
A Controller Area Network system based upon proven ISO standards used in the automotive aerospace and defense industries. ISCan is a digital network designed to allow independent devices to interact with each other.
Tetradon 3 is a Buoyancy Compensator Platform (BCP) that supports the divers needs in a diversified diving environment. The Tetradon is designed to be used for recreational Open Water open circuit diving to extreme CCR Cave and military diving. The Tetradon BCP is used by the U.S. Navy, NOAA, U.S. Federal agencies, and higher education programs to support their diving curriculum.
Pathfinder Vest System:
Pathfinder Vest System (PVS):
The PVS is a modular harness system using the Tetradon 3 buoyancy compensator platform (BCP). The system works off of the premise the diver only needs only two CCR supply cylinders; oxygen for onboard supply gas for set point maintenance and diluent/bailout gas supply for breathing loop volume, BCD and bailout, instead of the typical 3 or more cylinder configuration that adds to weight of diver wear and travel. This configuration may be used for mixed gas diving operations pending safe diver practices.
The PVS is a soft pack system that integrates a Tetradon 3 buoyancy compensating platform and a choice of conventional harness or vest panels that will fit persons of both genders meeting their independent anatomy requirements.
The system is lightweight and may be broke down for ease of travel. It may also be fitted with redundant buoyancy compensating bladders for warm water technical diving.
- Two sizes of vest panels for extra-large to medium small and to medium small to extra-small
- Modular pockets to fit Pathfinder gas plenum canister and Oxygen cylinder for fast pre-dive assembly
- Stream lined and lightweight
- Configurable for use as standard diving system with any Open Circuit, or CCR systems
- Extremely comfortable
- Minimalist configuration to “get the job done.”
- Fits in small luggage bags
Continuous Loop (Hogarthian Rig)
The continuous loop harness is simply just that, one continuous piece of webbing. It's easy, adjustable, and simple.
The deluxe harness is a diver fully adjustable plastic buckle system and allows the diver to make quick adjustments to fit or a quick release out of the harness.
The “Old school “deluxe harness is a diver fully adjustable stainless steel double buckle system that was popular in the 1960’s and is considered the “real divers buckle”
- New ISC PATHFINDER divers undergo a 3 to 5 day training course using a single or multi-gas dive computer for decompression management.
- The PATHFINDER system is used primarily with one oxygen cylinder mounted on the unit. The diluent cylinder is mounted as a stage bottle to supply diluent, BCD operation and bailout. This eases weight and complexity, as the diver does not need two cylinders mounted on the back of the CCR to operate the PATHFINDER.
- Weight 34 lbs/15.5kg (lightest configuration).
- Size: 18.5”/45cm x 12.5”/31.75cm x 6”/15.25cm.
- Mixed gas capable and CE tested to 200 fsw (60 msw).
- Oxygen duration: @1 Lpm consumption using 6cuft/0.8liter cylinder. 169 minutes (no reserve gas included). Or 365 minutes with a 13cuft/2.16liter cylinder (not including reserve gas). Gas usage depends on a constant depth with no excessive oxygen loss.
- Granular canister: 218 minutes to breakthrough at 1.35 Lpm CO2 injection, 40 RMV, 23C (73 F) water temperature, 132 fsw (40 msw). U.S. Navy warm water combat swimmer test.
- Granular canister: 134 minutes to breakthrough at 1.6 Lpm CO2 injection, 40 RMV, 4 C (40 F) water temperature, 132 fsw (40 msw). EU CE test.
- Granular canister: 114 minutes to breakthrough at 1.6 Lpm CO2 injection, 40 RMV, 4 C (40 F) water temperature, 200 fsw (60 msw). EU CE test.
- Micropore RPC: 120 minutes to breakthrough at 1.35Lpm CO2 injection, 40 RMV 10C (50 F) water temperature, 132 fsw, (40 msw) U.S. Navy cold-water combat swimmer test
- WOB @ 132 fsw (40 msw) using air diluent .94 joules.
- WOB @ 200 sfw (60 msw) using 16/45 TMX .88 joules.
- IScan products are designed to perform reliability in “noisy” environments.
- The messaging protocol was developed in cooperation with Shearwater Research to allow our devices to communicate and work together with the Shearwater Predator.
- All controller functions are safely contained in the head
- Handsets, HUDS and controllers calibrate independently
- Modular design allows devices to be interchanged in the field with a few simple tools
- Firmware can be updated via Bluetooth connectivity
- IScan has been tested to all standards required by EN14143 for CE Certification by accredited independent labs