EXPORT FORMS & INFORMATION
Rebreathers are considered Dual-Use technology and controlled by the U.S. Government and participating Wassenaar agreement regime country’s, and are authorized for export only to the country of ultimate destination for use by the ultimate consignee or end-user(s) herein identified. They may not be resold, transferred, or otherwise disposed of, to any other country or to any person other than the authorized ultimate consignee or end-user(s), either in their original form or after being incorporated into other items, without first obtaining approval from the U.S. government or as otherwise authorized by U.S. law and regulations
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BIS-711 EXPORT FORM PERSONAL USE
Rebreathers are controlled devices and are considered for military and commercial application (Dual Use) by countries that have established trade agreements in place. Misuse of export procedures can be disastrous for the exporter by arrest, fines, and loss of privileges by violated countries.
Do not sell any rebreather to an embargoed country or country or person that is on a denied parties list. Contact ISC for any assistance.
Supplement No. 1 to part 774, ECCN 8A002.q does not control individual rebreathers for personal use when accompanying their users.
ISC will do its best to make the process easy and move as fast a possible so the end user can get their product. Expect the export application to take up to 3 weeks or less.
Retailers can be preapproved for a license for up to 4 years with up to 4 rebreathers and another license may be applied for at any time.
- Fill out each block in block letters or typed.
- Block 1: The Consignee is the end user and address of user.
- Block 2: Check block E. Unless step 4 reexport.
- If the end user is shipping the rebreather to another country and the rebreather will be picked up in that country or shipped to another country and taken to the Consignee home, block D must be filled in and description of use and final destination must be filled in. (Example: For personal use and to be used as a recreational SCUBA device. Name the country of final destination).
- Block 3: Please put job description of end user, Relationship to ISC: customer or retailer, and how many years.
- Block 4: Diving agency, certification number, and other parties to the transaction information.
- Block 5: ISC provided assistance in filling out application and anyone that assisted with filling out the form.
- Block 6: Sign in black or blue ink by purchaser or ultimate consignee.
- Scan your passport and BIS-711 document and email to ISC. Export@megCCR.com Keep the application with your rebreather paperwork for a least 5 years.
For more information go to the BIS.doc.gov.